Tuesday, January 31, 2012

86% Equals $1564.75

The disappearing decoration!  :)


I have paid off 86% of my consumer debt y'all!!!  I know I'm not from Texas but y'all is too fitting!!!  This means I have $1564.75 to repay (plus my car loan, of course).

I took another day off today because I have a number of days I need to use up before the end of the fiscal year.  So today I am making some more bread in my mixer.  I LOVE it!!!  This loaf will be going to friends and I am hoping to get another made for me.  It takes just over 4hrs for one loaf so it's a little time consuming but I don't have to do anything other than add the ingredients!

I'd also like to get a rough draft of my taxes done with a guess of my numbers.  I haven't received any paperwork in the mail yet so I don't have the actual numbers to work with. **Rough Draft showed a return of $1056.  That would be nice!

I have to do a bit of tidying up in the kitchen and sort my jar money but I think I might sit down with my Bible for a bit this afternoon and perhaps read a few more chapters in the Wealthy Barber Returns. 


Bella and I have already been outside and shoveled our driveway and our neighbours so she is having a nap and here are my boys... just because they are so cute.  :)

Chloe enjoying some hay after breakfast this morning.

Dallen stretched out relaxing after breakfast this morning.

And a very cool bunny video if you have time to watch a little bit of it.
Champis the bunny, is a sheepherder!!!!


Edit:  I did a little extra decluttering today as well.  I was filing my bills for the past month and noticed my file was getting a little thick.  So I went through and took out the ones that were more than a year old.  I like to keep a years worth on file and the rest can be shredded.

 

19 comments:

  1. Yay! Way to go! :) My mom was telling me about the snow you all got, I miss it :( No snow in Virginia really this year. Nothing significant anyway. It's been a perpetual spring. BOO

    Not long now and the 86% will be 100%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm not sure how well I'd do without snow for a winter. I'd like to think I'd love it but it is pretty and shoveling is pretty good exercise, lol. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats!! You're sooo close! :) Pretty soon you'll need a different decoration.. ;) lol! Your bunnies are just SOO sweet!! Give them a snuggle for me!!
    Ps - You can use your bread maker for *just* the dough, then take out, split in half, roll it up, let rise & bake in two loaf pans for "normal" sized loaves too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are brilliant Carla! You know what, I actually bought a kitchen aid mixer (second hand) and have yet to use it either!!! My excuse it that my kitchen is just so small there is really no room for it. I guess I'll ease myself into this baking thing. But I do LOVE homemade bread. Reminds me of being back home. My mom makes the best brown bread!

      Delete
  3. I love the chain idea. It is so great! I might make one to hang in the shop. Love the bunny video. I know I have asked you this before but I forgot the answer. Have you read Watership Down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the chains to be a great help to me. Especially when I forgot how far I had come. The before picture was a great visual reminder to me. I actually have never read Watership Down but have been told many times that I should. I need to put it on my "to read" list for sure. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rabbit is way too precocious!! I had heard about that sheepherding bunny so loved watching it. The song is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wohoo!! Getting closer. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooo close! You're going to be there in no time! I'm so excited for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your debt!!!! It won't be long now before all the $$ are just for you!!! I worked on our files last night, so happy that job is done for another year, I got rid of way more than 29 items just in files, Ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job!!! I can't wait until you post that DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Congrats on the debt payoff. That is amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm worried about our taxes, don't know if we'll owe or we'll get a refund this year bc last year was so hectic! crossing my fingers for a refund, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dreading getting all my paperwork together for taxes. Yikes

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are doing great on the debt! I LOVE that bunny video, thats one tough little rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the "decoration". I'm going to try to put one together this weekend...I hope I can find enough paper...ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.