Sunday, January 1, 2012

This Year I WILL become Debt Free!

Happy New Year, Friends!

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis

I hope this post finds you all healthy, happy and ready to start a new year.  I was excited for today to come because it feels like I am starting on the down slope of my debt repayment journey.  Now I don't know what tomorrow holds for me but I have a goal and a dream to be done with debt this year.  I will do my best to stick to that goal and ask you all to keep me accountable. 

I babysat a cute little 3 year old last night.  About half way through the evening she got sick!  Thankfully, after speaking to her mom, I got some gravol into her, gave her a nice warm bath and tucked her in to bed where she feel asleep without further incident.  I earned $80.00 that I will be paying directly to my LOC.  As much as I wish I had of been with some of my friends playing board games and singing playstation karokee instead of cleaning up vomit I am thankful for the extra money.  

I would like to finish out the next three months being able to pay off my remaining consumer debt without having to use any of my tax return if possible.  I really would like to be able to use my tax return to do some giving back to my family and friends who have been there for me and listened to my financial ups and downs for the past number of months (and even long before).

Now I'm off to do some rearranging in my house I think.  I always remember as a child. after we took the Christmas tree down at New Years, that my mom liked to rearrange the living room furniture.  So I guess I am kind of carrying on that "tradition".  ,I leave you with another quote I enjoy.

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar

17 comments:

  1. I think its going to be a good year all the way around.

    Will worked last night so I was home all night but it was ok.

    I am waiting for the new furniture then giving the whole living room a good scrub down:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have babysat for $80! Let the countdown to debt free begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I hope you can get out of debt without using your tax refund; that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Little Lamb.

    As a blogger I am so excited for this year. Everyone has so many great goals it is just going to be an exciting year.

    Looking forward to reading about all of your successes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, $80 is great income! The most I ever made babysitting was $50...

    I can't wait to celebrate your debt freedom soon!!

    Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Don't you worry, we'll all be here to cheer you on towards your goal. I love your blog header too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also rearrange the furniture when I take down the Christmas things! The baby grand is moving to the other side of the fireplace in front of the picture window. We have a bowling alley for a front room. I swear the first time I saw this house I said "wow a bowling ally! Honey hardwood floors long and long.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blog header Little Lamb! This is definitely going to be your year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so excited for you - that would be awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it will be great to see you be 'debt free', there's a few people close and you have the discipline to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on getting to the debt free world!!! You will make it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! I love that 2nd quote...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3 months is nothing! you'll be paying off your consumer debt in no time!! go you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can relate to both of those quotes as I hope to still be setting goals when I'm retired and well into my 80's and 90's. And while Michael and I were yurting (winter camping) we both created "vision boards" to help keep us motivated each and every day!
    I'm happy that you will see "debt freedom" this year - I can only imagine how marvelous that will feel!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.