Thursday, January 5, 2012

Taking it Off!

Ok so I ate WAY too many chocolate treats over the holidays and maybe a bag of chips or two.  And maybe my uniform was a little tight when I put it back on this week.  So it's time to take if off!


I'm joining Newlyweds on a Budget 10 Pound Challenge.  It doesn't officially start yet and the details are not out on the site until next Monday (9 Jan) but if you are interested in joining, pop over to the site and send off an email for more info.  Misery loves company!!!  Please :)  ***Erika just posted this***

Also everyone should be training for my Debt Free Dash  so you will have the exercise portion of your weight loss journey handled.  And remember you don't have to be a runner to join up.  ANY physical activity that you participate in will count.  Just make sure to challenge yourself a little.  I will be posting more very soon about the Debt Free Dash.

I'm excited about the weight loss challenge and I think I will officially post my weight here.  That is not a requirement for the challenge but just to keep me motivated.  Be kind :)

And here is my No/Low Spend (Hosted by My 1/2 Dozen Daily) update for the past 5 days.

January 1st - paid tithes
January 2nd - Breakfast with friends and replaced broken picture frame $13.20
January 3rd - coffee for me and my boss on a Timmy's card - $4.37
January 4th - coffee at Starbucks on giftcard - $5.68  (This is a once a month treat because its SOOO expensive!)
January 5th - Postage - An arm and a leg!  Ok not literally but close - $16.28

I should not have joined the no spend challenge this month!  However, most of what I have spent has been from Christmas money or gift cards.

10 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you'll lose the 10lbs!! :) With the determination you have, you don't need "luck". ;) I think you're doing great with the "no-spend"! I'm still spending too, it's just much lower than usual is all! I spent $40 on GC's today, plus most of my budget money AND still think I'm doing pretty good!! lol! Chin up & keep the faith! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about the debt free dash and your weight loss challenge. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intrigued by the debt free dash. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just joined weight watchers(free through my husbands work). I have way more than 10lbs to take off but its like debt it will go away slowly but surely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too over indulged during the holidays. I can actually feel my thighs rubbing together when I teach, tuck! I am very short so any extra at all is bad, but I will lose it in the next month, I always do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely working on losing weight. :-) I'm running again, so that should help. Good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay so awesome you decided to join!! Can't wait for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you had a great week! lets hope week two is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you did pretty good to me, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the postage... I'm still shocked when things end up costing more than what you initially paid for the darn item! Good job on using gift cards. I'm very bad at using giftcards, so luckily most of the ones I have bring no expiration date.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.