Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trying to be Patient

Jane, this is for you.  :)
I know I sound like a broken record here on the blog and in real life.  I'm trying not to obsess over finishing off this portion of my debt but to tell you the truth I can't stop thinking about it.   I do bite my tongue a lot because I know it's not as big a deal for other people as it is for me and I want to be a respectful. 

I sit down with my budget almost daily.  I play with the numbers of my next three pays and I play with the numbers after that.  I play around with numbers for my income tax refund.  It's very exciting.  Once this portion of my debt is gone I will be incorporating $1000 a month into my budget.  Well actually I am planning to incorporate $225 into my variable expenses, pay $475 toward my car loan and put $300 into savings. 

I will be getting a promotion and a raise later on in the year (around June or July).  Not a huge one but about $100 a month in my pocket.  I will probably put that towards my savings.  That savings will be used to fund Christmas, birthdays, regular expenses that don't occur monthly (oil changes for the car, car registration and things like that). 

So in three pays (or earlier if I get my tax refund before) that burden is gone.  Actually it's 40 days.  :)  Now just to be patient.

12 comments:

  1. I think that's amazing and I completely understand. I am positive ppl at work are sick of hearing me say "I am paying off student debt" but that doesn't really stop it from slipping out of my mouth. Any ways who cares you should be screaming it at the top of your lungs! Will you work on your car loan next to get it paid of sooner rather then later?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, it's hard! I also play with my budget DAILY trying to see where I can move a dollar or two around so I have more to pay towards my debt. It's a little obsessive but its what I feel I need to do. For far too long I didn't look at the budget and it got us into trouble... I'm just making up for lost time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hearing about you paying off your debt! It's a great feeling! When eric and i pay off our citi card (the last of our consumer debt) you can bet your butt we're going to do a little happy dance on our blog : P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling. When we were coming to the end of the retirement loan, I kept trying to figure out a way to make it come faster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're SO VERY close!!! It'll be here before you know it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the same way when it came to paying off the truck loan. I obsessed about it. But now debt payoff seems so far away. I have slowed down and I am concentrating more on savings goals. Not as much fun but the debt is going down. Why don't you put a ticker up on your blog with a count down? Then you can look at it every day and smile and I cam look at it every day and be jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks - I like your sign - I'll have to pet a cat though, oh, I already did! It's part of my morning routine lol! WE UNDERSTAND - we are the same way. I was laying awake in bed last night wondering if I should pay off my debt with my savings and then put a HUGE amount into my savings every month instead. I just don't know...but it's fun thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to be so close!!! The only way you got to where you are is to FOCUS why stop now, once you get to start piling up some cash in savings it will be the same!! Playing with numbers and working a plan is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 40 more days..So exciting!! I can't wait to see you get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so close! I can't wait to get to that point. How exciting!

    And now to keep your mind off of the *long* wait... I tagged you in my recent blog post. It's a fun question/answer post, and I would love for you to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think thats what good about blogging, at least there are other people who obsess about the same stuff I do! not long to wait now!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.