Saturday, February 18, 2012

Today I ...


Went to see the movie "The Vow".  I REALLY liked it.  But I am a sucker for a sappy chick flick.


A friend and I decided that we will train for a marathon (42.2km or 26.2 miles) which is in October.  This will be our first Marathon.  We will also being doing a half marathon at the end of April.


Did some couponing and price matching at Wally World.  This was my biggest so far.  Just trying my hand at it and easing myself into it.  It's fun though.  Just have to figure out how to get more/better coupons.  

(I realize this photo is confusing!  I used 2 (yep 2 whole big ones) coupons and did some price matching.  Somehow a picture of 2 coupons seemed too pathetic to post!  Sorry, Gill.  You are a coupon queen to me!  I have LOTS to learn.)



Shoveled some snow... not too much but enough.


Ran 11km with friends.

Those were the highlights of my day.  How about you?

25 comments:

  1. I thought I did alot but then I read your blog and realized I didn't do that much :)

    I used to love to run but with my knees now I just do that fast weird looking walk but at least im excercising..right..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The nice thing was it didn't feel like a lot and I still had time to relax.

      I totally agree, exercise is exercise. Each of us has to do what we can. I hope I can run for many years to come but who knows. I used that picture because when I'm out having a tough run I always tell myself, at least your not home sitting on the couch like you used to, keep on moving. :)

      Delete
  2. I have seen the ads for that movie and it does look good.

    Well done on all using all those coupons. There are some good sites out there for you regarding coupon use in the States.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good movie. And that fact that it was based on real life makes it that much better.

      Sorry, that picture is very deceiving. I actually only used 2 coupons!!! LOL And did some price matching. I'm actually in Canada as well. In fact, only a few hours away from you. I've spent LOTS of time in Borden on the training base there. :)

      Delete
  3. I am sorry for some reason I thought you were in the States??? Been up for quite a while, so can't be thinking straight!!!!

    So one site you should subscribe to is: http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/

    also Mrs. January is good too.

    Are you on Swagbucks? You should be, I will have got enough swagbucks this month by the end of the month for $25 worth of Amazon.ca e-cards. http://www.swagbucks.com/

    If you do decide to let me know as I would love it if you used my referral link?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill! I will check out the smartcanucks site. I do have Mrs. January site but feel so overwhelmed at times. LOL I think I have a swagbucks account but never really understood it.... hmm better go have another look I guess. Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Not sure if this site can be used in Canada for coupons or not, she has some really cute video's of shopping with coupons as ell. Hip2save

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bookmarked those two sites that Gill passed on, and will have to spend some time checking them out. I refuse to buy stuff just in order to use a coupon though. I don't know about your grocery stores but our Superstore has a bulletin board just as you're walking in that has all the coupons on it though I don't usually find anything I can use.
    I did bike 20km on Saturday and was a busy bee in the kitchen making soup, oat squares, etc. and I did all the laundry. Fell asleep early (how exciting eh?) as I was out TOO LATE on Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a superstore here. We do have an Independent which is the brand of superstore (over priced big time so I rarely shop there). I have seen their instore coupon board as well. Look at you getting lots and lots done! :)

      Delete
  6. I really want to see The Vow as well! Looks sweet! I love sappy chick flicks too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see The Vow but I am afraid after watching it I'll be a sappy emotional mess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Carla - Nothing like a good girlie movie! Funny thing was I went with a male co-worker and he really like it too! :)

    @Fariha - I don't think you would be. The ending was just sweet and nothing too emotional (at least for me). There was one part that had me pulling out my tissue but it wasn't too much of a heart string tugger to make me a mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do some running. How long does it take you to run 11km?

    Loved the pictures in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rafiki! Hmmm I guess 11km on our training runs takes about 1 1/2hrs or so. Certainly don't go for speed. :)

      Delete
  10. I am a fan of walking! Running is too hard on my knees. We went to see a non chick flick movie, SafeHouse with Ryan Reynolds. A lot of action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love a great walk or a hike too! Running is tough on the knees. I find muscle tightness just makes it worse. If I can keep my muscles stretched it's not as bad.

      Delete
  11. The Boy and I went and watched The Vow last night right after I read your post :) It was really good. I'd like to say I was as productive as you were, but I didn't even come close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you liked it too and that it wasn't just my love of chick flicks that clouded my opinion. :)

      Delete
  12. I love the poster, Sometimes I feel like I have slowed down so much because of my arthritis, but I am still up lapping the people who have given up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, if you have slowed down I can't imagine what you were like before!!! You are the energizer bunny!

      Delete
  13. I did a lot of paperwork today but also let myself have a late sleep in and a bit of a nap this afternoon. Cold day, so a good one to stay home. Great meeting to facilitate tonight.

    A quick note to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Hop over to my blog to find out the instructions under my post "My 1st Award!" Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love a good nap! :)

      Thanks for the award!!! I will do a post soon.

      Delete
  14. I am excited for your marathon coming up. I like to run but a marathon seems so intimidating to me. I am a chicken. Sounds like you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki! It's intimidating to me too!!! I am only brave enough to do it because I have a friend that will suffer with me. :) You could totally do it!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.