Saturday, February 11, 2012

Running, shovelling, reading and laundry



Well that's basically my day.  I went running this morning with the group.  It was COLD out there!  -25 (-13F) with the wind chill but it was kind of nice once you got going.  Just the really windy spots weren't pleasant.  It was a great leg workout though because it had snowed last night and was it was challenging getting traction in lots of places.  Well 10km (6.2miles) done for the day so that's good.  I just registered for the half marathon (21.2km or 13.1miles) yesterday so I'm committed now. 

I made a stop at the library because I book I requested was in and waiting for me.  It's Gail Vaz-Oxlade's "It's Your Money, Becoming a Woman of Independent Means" (the newest version).  So I got home and shovelled my driveway and my neighbours and soon I'll be enjoying an afternoon of reading.  And I'm going to do my best not to feel guilty about doing it too!  My house is clean and I only need to do laundry.  So I'll put that in the washer and I think I'll pull out the breadmaker and get some bread on the go and then go and read. 

I am impatiently waiting for payday and income tax refund (still need papers so I can file).  It's tough being so close but having to wait for payday!!!  Changed my sidebars so they only reflect the total amount of consumer debt and now the outstanding amount (approx) on the car loan.  Since I will be tackling that next I thought I should put it up there. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

8 comments:

  1. we were lucky and only got a dusting of snow an its not even that cold! I am using today to catch up on everyones blog and get some postings up plus add back to my blog roll.

    Hope you get those taxes done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job on the run! I am a total klutz, I would have fallen 6-7 times!

    It's just starting to storm here so I'm looking forward to an afternoon like yours... reading and relaxing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you're over 86% towards paying off your consumer debt - that's terrific! Brrrr that seems a little chilly for running (to me) - it's really cold here too. We seem to be in the deep freeze but see it's warming up again next week, so can't complain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really miss running, it is cold and wet here, but we had a big marathon down on our levee system today. Lots of out of town runners. Let me know if that book is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! You are crazy, er, uh, I mean dedicated!! ;) lol! I didn't step foot outside today..too cold for my body, it Woud shut down! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, you are amazing! I'd be worried about slipping over. it's exciting that you are so close to paying off the debt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't had much snow....makes me sad. But on the flip side, last season we had over 8 FEET.

    Taxes are on my agenda for later today. I have a rough draft, but I am hoping that I can eek out a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just looking at the photo's of running in the snow has me reacing for an additional blanket!!! My only outside work yesterday was to hang a quilt take a photo and get back to the warm house. SOOOOO excited for you and your debt reduction, you are an insperation to so many others!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.