Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Man in Motion brings Many in Motion

Today I had the great honour of being a Medal Bearer for the Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Tour.  Only 7000 Canadians will carry the medal across the country.  I also had the most amazing opportunity to meet Rick.  It was a very inspiring day and I met a number of people who really make you believe that "Anything is Possible".

Rick Hansen - The Man in Motion
The Medal

Bella and I

A great group of children that participated

Running in the Relay with the medal

All finished and on our way back.

Did you know that Rick's journey was the basis for the song St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)?
The words of the song are quite inspirational.
The 80's video, not so inspirational ;)


9 comments:

  1. Wow you are famous, I am so proud to know you. What a great honor. It could not have happened to a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome little lamb!! I am such a fan of Rick Hansen - how thrilling to meet him and run in his relay - CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! That's very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! I'm very proud of you for having this honour! Great pictures too, I love that you are sharing pictures of yourself, your life and your precious pooch!
    ~ Makky's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey i just noticed your post on Jane's blog. Are you from/ living in Trenton? if so I know the town really well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this besides your mentions of it. I guess this is from me not being in Canada but I can tell this is truly an amazing experience.

    Congratulations. You must be so happy and proud. I am proud of you just by knowing you did it. The pictures are quite amazing in their own rights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!! What a wonderful opportunity to meet Rick!! He's such a huge inspiration! :) The medal a gorgeous, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes that medal IS incredible! I should have mentioned that it is a pound of silver! And so detailed. It even has the details from one of the gloves that Rick wore on his last tour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an honour! I read this and went and looked up Rick's story, very inspiring to read what he has achieved.
    Bella looks very happy too :)
    thanks for your good thoughts the last few days XX

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.