Saturday, November 5, 2011

Christmas is Coming!

First things first before I start talking about me.  Please take a few moments to stop by My 1/2 Dozen Daily and check out her awesome giveaway.  It gives you a chance to do a lot for a little AND a chance to win some fabulous handmade items!

Bella and the Christmas tree.

Well since Christmas is fast approaching I guess its time to start preparing for it.  I've basically been putting it off and concentrating on my debt repayment.  Not because I don't like Christmas just because I was waiting for that little extra I get on my pay after I have maxed out my Employment Insurance and Canada Pension Plan contributions.  The extra will add up to about $320 over 4 pays.  One of those is after Christmas so I have played around with the debt repayment numbers to allow me to fit in Christmas and still continue to be aggressive with debt repayment.  Over all I am please with the plan I have come up with.

I have currently budgeted $315.00 for Christmas and $1570 extra to debt repayment to take me to the end of December.
Gideon with a Bunny Christmas Tree Ornament that was a gift from friends.
Dallen checking out all the Bunny Secret Santa gifts.
Chloe also checking out the Bunny Secret Santa Box.

Christmas breaks down like this:

Dad $75 plus a $50 gift certificate I ordered with airmiles points
Mom $75 plus a $50 gift certificate I ordered with airmiles points
Nieces and Nephew - $75 - breaks down to $25 each
Friend's Baby - $10
Blogger Secret Santa - $25 - $15 gift and $10 for postage
Bunny Secret Santa - $30
Extra $25 in case I have forgotten something or something costs a little more
Bella, Gideon, Chloe and Dallen will get gifts from their own budget which is separate.  :)

On a different note, I have taken all your advice and have decided that it will probably be nice to ease up a little and pay off the car by the end of next year instead of pushing for October.  I will still go as aggressively as I can for the consumer debt and get it gone ASAP!

HAPPY WEEKEND and don't forget to go visit My 1/2 Dozen Daily and give a little or a lot!

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm what are bunny secret santa gifts?? Sounds intriguing! Don't ya love it when EI and CPP are paid off for the year!! I fund a lot of things out of that money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny Secret Santa is a gift exchange that I signed up for on a website that is dedicated to bunnies. I found it last year when one of my bunnies was sick and I was doing some research. I have met a fabulous group of people (much like the blogging community) who have a love of pet bunnies in common. Each year they do a secret santa for the bunnies for those who want to join in. Last year the bunnies that had our names sent along a huge amount of fabulous gifts for every bun and even a gift for Bella and a beautiful painting of my 3 bunnies. We sent a box of goodies to some bunnies in California. It's lots of fun. I don't really exchange gifts with friends or anything so this makes Christmas a little more exciting for me being away from family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove your bunnies!!! I had one when I was a kid, I just love them to bits!! :) Sounds like you have everything figured out perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bunnies! And I'm with you - love having a plan in place for the holidays. I'm a control freak like that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a solid budget! We always try to save a little money each payday through the year so we can use cash for all our gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas tree is up early. I've never seen one up before December unless it was at a store. That's quite amazing. I feel even less prepared for Christmas now lol

    On a different note. You and your little family there look totally excited for Christmas. You've even got your gifts wrapped up.

    I've quite enjoyed this post and I think that bunny secret Santa is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rafiki, you are too funny! Those are pictures from last year and even a few years ago! My house doesn't even have a hint of Christmas yet, and won't for at least 4 more weeks at least. I haven't even bought a gift yet, so there are certainly no wrapped ones here! :)Glad you like the post though. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.