Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lazy Long Weekend

I decided to take a few long weekends this summer since I didn't have any big plans.  So this weekend I took Friday and Monday off.  So far the weather has been Bee-U-T-ful!  I did do a few little things that needed to be done around the house but for the most part I've just been lazying around, mostly outside.  I don't love being in the sun but I do enjoy sitting under the tree and enjoying a cool breeze.

Here's what I did while outside yesterday and most of today (I did go for a run with the 
girls this morning and enjoyed a coffee together in this beautiful weather as well)
This weather is just perfect!
Bella was curious so she came over to see what I 
was up to and decided she wanted a little bit of sun.
Also during my time outside I was doing some blog reading.  Carla at 
My Half Dozen Daily posted about some books she is reading.  I decided that the second time through Debt Free Forever was enough and I skipped (not literally although that would have been good exercise) on over to the library to see what I could find.
This is my friends/neighbours cat (General Tao) displaying some of the finds.  I'm cat-sitting 
while they are on vacation.


 I also took a peak through the movies since I refuse to pay to rent a movie. 
I've been wanting to see this for quite some time.
 
Of course,  you can't have a good movie night without some junk food so I stopped by Almost Perfect to see what I could find for cheap.  Cow Tales were .19 cents each, licorice was 0.99, fizzy skittles 0.57 and coconut M&M's (these must be American?) also 0.57.  Ok I went a little overboard but I'll be saving some for another time. 

How is your weekend shaping up?  Any good books on the go or to recommend?



8 comments:

  1. Look at those sexy tanned legs! I'm almost see-through! lol!! ;)

    Let me know how you like the "Make more Dough" book....I've seen that one here also.

    As for movies, that one s cute, you'll enjoy it! Some awesome movies I've seen lately that I ***LOVED*** are AGORA (Amazing!!!) The Secret Life of Bee's, Amelia (with Hillary Swank) and SKIN. 2 BIG thumbs up for all 3... :) Let me know if you end up getting any of them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend! Hope the next two days are just as wonderful!

    Sarah

    PS ... Never heard of coconut M&Ms. As an M&M lover, I'm not sure how I feel about that combo ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. THOSE COCONUT M&M'S ARE PHENOMENAL! LOL, just wanted to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome weekend. I've never heard of cow tales before and I had no idea fizzy skittles and coconut m&m's existed. Sometimes it sucks living on an island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've got a super weekend planned! I gotta say I've never heard of coconut M&Ms, but I love coconut and chocolate together, so I may have to keep my eyes open for some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pets are so financially savvy! ;) Being a pet owner is such a blessing.

    I really enjoyed Julie & Julia. It will make you VERY hungry. I went to look for her blog after watching the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You scored 2 of my favorite treats: cows tales and the coconut M&Ms! A friend sends me treats at Christmas every year and I always asks for things I can't get up here :-)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some good looking books there, will have a look in the library for 'em x

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.