Friday, July 22, 2011

Do I have "it"?


 Dave Ramsey says that he can tell by talking to a person if they what it takes to pay off their debt.  He says it's in their voice.  I wonder if I have it?

I think I do.  I'm feeling really good about my determination to pay off my debt.  At the same time I know that I can't really continue at the same rate I have been going.  I've had a very tight budget in lots of areas.  I don't mind doing that but at the same time it's not possible to do it all the time. 

I just have to keep my sticktoitiveness strong and not slack off!

On a different note, I know I don't post my numbers on here much.  Do you think I should?  Should I be more accountable to you guys?

Do you have any questions for me or anything you are itching to know?  :)

9 comments:

  1. You seem to have it. You are cruising right along. Every pay period/week/month can't be perfect, but I do think you are doing a fantastic job.

    I like when people post numbers, but I know how much work it is. I used to do a weekly numbers post, but it was tedious. I also wasn't having many slip ups, so as far as accountability, I don't think I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you have the 'it' factor or not, you're an inspiration to me! (yours was one of the first PF blogs I found!)

    The number posting - well, if you think it will help *you*, then go for it, other wise, its just more numbers on the 'net. I suppose it could be useful to other people to help them put their own debt load in to persepctive (a la "If she can do it, I can do it")...but I think it really comes down to what you're comfortable with.
    Personally, I've decided not to put our debt load online (respect for DH's wishes) but I put our savings up as a way of motivating myself (and I get so excited about it, I just want to tell EVERYONE!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have it my friend, I see your light at the end of the tunnel ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do seem to have it! I like to post my numbers because I can see them going down & it does hold me accountable to my pf friends ;) But that is all up to you - we are here for you no matter what!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely have it!!! If you're finding your budget too tight, try to change it up a bit to loosen it up a bit.As for numbers, I like to see them. I post my variable budget, but not our fixed expenses or total income, etc... which I suppose I could....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have it :)

    You should only post your numbers if you feel comfortable doing it. I know it keeps me more accountable, so that's why I keep doing it. Completely personal choice, but I'd be interested to see your numbers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know its a personal thing. When I started my blog, I did it for my own book keeping. I found that instead of keeping a million sheets of paper and then losing some or not having them all on hand when i needed them it was easier to post everything on a blog to keep it organized. Last pay was the first time I didn't post my bi-weekly budget and I am ok with that. But I talked about the changes and since I had done all my previous budgets I figured ppl could follow a long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't worry, you have 'it'! I think post the numbers if it helps you. I love reading numbers of pf bloggers, but I go through stages of wanting to post every detail and sometimes needing a break from that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have it. You will always have it once you remember what made you want to be debt free in the beginning. You also have all of us who read your blog to constantly motivate you.

    Sometimes it may be slow but even baby steps will help you achieve your goal.

    As for the numbers. Do what makes you comfortable. I personally like to see net worth updates but those only come once a month. Spending recaps are good if like Sarah you want to keep it organized and easy to find(this is why I do it now) or if you need advice on how you can do better. Anyways the choice is yours so do what works for you. I will still be reading.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.