Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Less then a Grand!...

...is what I now owe!  My outstanding balances on my LOC and SISIP loan are $676.43 and $242.87.  That equals $919.30!  92% of my debt is gone!  I have paid off $10,479 of debt in just under a year.  With the interest added in there I will probably have averaged about $975 a month for 12 months to pay off my debt. 

If you take that $975 and add in the $363 I paid a month on a car loan that means I was paying $1338 a month to debt.  That is about 41% of my take home pay.  Boy I am glad I am almost at the finish line for this marathon!

Hope you are all training for the debt free dash, it's getting close!

May 2011 - Each ring represents $100 of debt

Today - There are 10 rings ($919.30)

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kim, I can't wait until you are in this position also!

      Delete
  2. Truly amazing!! I'm with Kim - I want to be you!!

    Sarah

    PS Thanks so much for the award! I will tackle that soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lousie - Thanks! It is very exciting!

    @ Sarah - Thank you! I so can't wait for you to be in this situation also!!!

    Blogger was being stubborn and wouldn't let me reply directly to your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC!! Yes, I'm training as often as I can - I really want to help you celebrate this goal!! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks Jane!!! You're the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous!!! You've earned it little lamb, congratulations. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. You are getting there too! Plus I still have my car loan to go. :)

      Delete
  8. YOU ROCK!!!!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done!!! It is so great when you can see the end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is too cool. Especially the visual representation of that debt! You can do it! I am quite certain you're preparing for the out-of-debt party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanner. The big out-of-debt party won't happen until the car loan is gone as well. For now just the little celebration of the debt free dash. :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. You have been such a wonderful friend and supporter!

      Delete
  12. THat's sooo cool, I love that idea of the paper chain! Can I steal it?
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Please help yourself. I can't take credit for the idea at all but I have found it to be helpful!

      Delete
  13. Thanks MM! You have played a huge part in my journey. If not for finding you on Gail's blog I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be blogging at this point and I'd probably still be in all that debt. You have been such a great encourager and huge inspiration to me. I am extremely thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAAAAAAYYYYYYY! I remember when that was a really long chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! In some ways that feels so long ago and in others it feels like yesterday. It's been a journey. One that I am thankful to have such great friends, like yourself, to be on it with.

      Delete
  15. I remember when that first went up, now look at it today. Time seems to have flown by.

    It's so close to the time for that dash and I haven't practiced a bit. I won't back out though no matter what. I will make the 5km.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.