Thursday, January 12, 2012
Progress
Well the closer I get to being consumer debt free the slower it feels likes it going. But at the same time now it feels like my payments are making a big difference. Today I stopped into the office for my SISIP loan. (This is a loan that is available to military members only). My balance owing when I walked in the door was $990.00 and I wrote them a cheque for $500.00! I just knocked out half of that debt! They are currently taking $250 off of my pay each month. So this means that two more payments (Feb and March) and I am done with it! I wanted to do this one to get it out of the way so I didn't have to think about it anymore. Now it will basically take care of it's self with no more effort from me.
My LOC balance is sitting at $1730.00 and I will make a small payment on that after I babysit this weekend. So currently I have paid back 80% of my consumer debt! I'm getting there! The total owing is now $2230.00! Oh it feels good and I LOVE seeing those sidebars getting closer and closer to being done.
If you haven't already signed up for my DEBT FREE DASH, what are you waiting for?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You go girl and leave a couple of those lbs behind also.
ReplyDeleteYou are SO CLOSE!!!! I'm excited for you!!! :)
DeleteYou'll soon be able to change the name of your blog to something like "Little Lamb wants to be a millionaire"!! or something like that :)
ReplyDeleteHAPPY for you!
Congrats! March will be here before you know it and that loan will be history! You are making amazing progress on getting rid of your debt, truly inspiring.
ReplyDeleteMany congrats! 80%? You're basically there. I'm sure March will be a good time to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!! Can't wait!
ReplyDeletethat is amazing - I am so excited for you!!!! keep it up!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, that was a nice chunk of change to throw at the debt this week, GO YOU!!!! So excited to see you are almost at the end of your debt, watch out the millionare next door is on her way!
ReplyDeleteI bet that felt good! It's very exciting that you are so close. not long now!
ReplyDelete