Who: Anyone that wants to join in is welcome!
What: A physical activity of your choosing as long as you give yourself a challenge
When: Officially 31 March 2012 but you will have at least a week time frame to complete your own challenge
Where: inside, outside, here, there and everywhere
Why: So you can help me celebrate becoming consumer DEBT FREE
What I am looking for from you is to "sign up" by commenting on this post. All you need to tell me is what activity you are choosing to use for your challenge and how you are planning to challenge yourself. There will be no judging. If you want to walk and a challenge for you is 3km that's great! I want you to be the one that benefits from this so you only have to be true to yourself.
What are you going to get out of this? Well you will get the health benefits of being physically active and one lucky winner (who completes their physical challenge) chosen randomly will win a gift certificate (of your choosing) with a value of no less than $25.00. I may decide to choose more than one winner but I'll decide that closer to the date depending on how my finances are looking. How do you get entered to win? Well first you need to sign up on this post as I already stated. Next I will put up another post on or close to 31 March so you can stop by and brag about your accomplishment, telling us again what you did!
If I left anything out or you have any questions just let me know!
Are you ready?! Time to start training!
And a little something for some motivation if you need it...

I'm in!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try to get myself running again. I tried Thursday, but it was... painful... I'm going to do 5K with you on the 31st, come hell or high water!
That is such a great youtube video, thank you for sharing it! It really reminds us just how important exercise is! I'm happy to say I get my 30 minutes in everyday.
ReplyDeleteMy challenge is to swim 1km in under 20 minutes. (And hopefully in 18 minutes!).
preppyandbroke.blogspot.com
Im not going to put a mileage instead I am going to say I want to do a distance walk or run at least 4 times a week
ReplyDeleteCan I limit my working to just 23.5 hours a day? Okay I just got done with 5 hours of teaching. three of them being Celtic Have you seen Riverdance?
ReplyDeleteOf COURSE I want to help you celebrate. I will either bike inside or outside, depending on the weather! 20-25km just for you!
ReplyDeleteWow, the time is flying by...in about 1 year from now I'll be debt-free too!
I want to celebrate with you too. I'm one of those who is starting at no physical activity, so I'll set my goal small. I'll walk 3 km. :)
ReplyDeleteGotta start somewhere. ;)
Yay! I'm so happy you guys are wanting to celebrate along with me! Thanks! I'm very proud of each and everyone of you. Like Eboo says everyone has to start somewhere. No matter how big or small, it's starting that counts!
ReplyDelete@Kim - I LOVE Riverdance! I have ALWAYS wanted to learn to Highland dance (I'm from Nova Scotia after all) and Celtic dance! I love to pretend I can do it :)
I'm doing a 10K on 3/25, so given this is the following week, I'll shoot for a 5 mile run.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of skipping!!! Good for you. Can't wait to see :)
ReplyDeleteI'm in! My goal is to complete the 5k I signed up for without stopping to walk. And ideally get a PR (beat 32:21), but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't.
ReplyDeletePB's are the best! Hope you make your goal!
DeleteI'm totally in! I will be in the midst of my half-marathon training at that point, so my goal is to run the miles required of my training!
ReplyDeleteyep that's lots of miles (or km's) in it's self! Good job.
DeleteI have been thinking about how I can be involved. And I realized that while I am active though not at active as I once was. There is one area which I have become very inactive. I work on the 5th floor and I hardly ever take the stars. In high school I did the CN Tower climb I don't think I'd be able to do it today. So I am going to set my goal to walk up and down the 5 flights of stars once a day when I am at work with the over all goal to be able to do it all without once stopping or feeling out of breath. If I accomplish that to quickly then I will work on being able to do all the flights in my office tower ( 11 in total I think)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great goal Sarah!!! Stairs are brutal.
DeleteI really need to push myself to get back in the swimming pool. I bought my swimming costume last week but I still haven't got wet yet! So I'm going to set my goal of being able to swim 50 laps in one session by 31st March.
ReplyDeleteWow! That will be an awesome accomplishment! Better get swimming!
DeleteLittle Lamb you are one of the winners for my blog candy, e-mail me your address so I can get it in the mail to you!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Thanks!!!
DeleteI am in the process of my goal to run one mile in 9 minutes.. I am so in!!
ReplyDeleteGood job! You kick my turtle butt! :)
DeleteI'm trying to lose a few pounds this year, too. The new year always leads to resolutions but I have some trouble keeping them. I worked out more when my last job's insurance cut me a break on the premium for going to the gym. Doing it on my own has proven to be a bit harder.
ReplyDeleteI'm in! My challenge will be climbing the "stairs" 3 times in 45 minutes. The stairs are this climb in LA (near Baldwin Hills) that take about 15 minutes and give you an incredible view of LA at the top. And I've only ever done them once each time and I'm out of breath at the end. But then I see old men doing it 2-3 times no problem. So I am going to join them!
ReplyDelete