Another physical challenge is done! And now I'm so tired.
The Battle Fitness Test went well. And I'm glad its over with for another year. I think harder than a timed 13km 50lb Rucksack March was the casualty drag (which involves a backward drag of a 150lb "dead weight" individual for 25 meters without stopping). Of course maybe it wouldn't be so hard if you hadn't just done the rucksack march. :)
Now I'm relaxing and healing. It's Thanksgiving and my birthday this weekend.
I know I didn't do a financial update this week like I said I was going to. Nothing much has changed on the financial front. I had to renew my license and registration which was $150.00. I love the way the government helps us celebrate our birthday. Because of that I wasn't able to make any big payments on my credit card but I am planning on that next payday.
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends!!! Here's a little peak at my day yesterday.
 |
| Getting our packs weighed |
 |
| Final instructions before we step off |
 |
| My Unit just before we head out |
|
 |
| Some of the scenery is very pretty on the route |
 |
My sausage fingers! I can't believe how swollen my hands were!
WARNING BLISTER PICTURE TO FOLLOW!! :) |
 |
|
|
|
|
| My blood blister |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Oh man! That foot shot just kind of creeps up on you!
ReplyDeletePretty picture, pretty picture, gross blister!
Hope you heal up over the weekend. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Sorry Niki. I made an adjust for future readers. :) Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOh, it's okay, I thought it was funny.
ReplyDeleteThanks Makky's mom. :) I think Big M has much more to say about sore feet than I!
ReplyDeleteAw wow!!! well done!! I think that's great!!!
ReplyDeleteI have so much respect for you for doing tasks like these :)
ReplyDeleteIs that you on the right in the 3rd picture? I'm just looking at it thinking "she looks like my aunt"
Thanks Sarah and Cassie!
ReplyDeleteYes, that's me. Generally the shortest one in any picture, unless it has children and sometimes that's debatable. :)
oh wow, I'm impressed! good on you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Louise! :D
ReplyDelete150lbs?!?! *Thud* Thats 35lbs more than I weigh!! You have my respect girl! lol! Wow. Hope your foot heals fast, that looks SORE!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job!! Love Love LOVE our military :) Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Carla and Krystin!
ReplyDeleteYep, 150lbs is more than me as well. My foot actually was almost 90% better the next day! I even went running today and didn't have any issues with it. One of many, many things to be thankful for today! :)
Happy Birthday although I not sure if it was yesterday and Happy thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteYou really are awesome taking on these physical activities.
Congratulations.
You are the man, I mean you are the girl! Way to go! I love the foot picture. You should see our dancers feet after several shows. Not pretty. We call them flinstone feet. I wish my body would hold up so I could do what you do!
ReplyDeleteI think it is so awesome when women do this, especially a smaller one like yourself. My husband is in and one day asked to carry rucksack into the house. I tipped over when I put it on. So definitely am proud when I see you girls going. And the foot; how many time have we had to fix those. He bought his own swat boots this year though and no blisters. Keep on Keepin on!!
ReplyDelete