Sunday, October 23, 2011

Not Changing... yet. My 2 Month Long Challenge

So although I really appreciate all your wonderful advice I am not planning on changing my budget just yet.  I am going to try to make it work for the remainder of 2011 and if I still can't make it work by then I will re-look at my numbers and my remaining debt and make the necessary adjustments.

I just think there really shouldn't be any reason that I can't make it work on my numbers.  The key thing is keeping my credit card out of the scenario.  I only  have to make it work for 2 months and 1 week.  So that's my challenge!  And I am going to do my best to make it work.

I'll explain my stubbornness resistance to change for now.  If I can continue to pay the current amounts on my debt my remaining consumer debt going into 2012 should be sitting somewhere around $3500.  This puts me in a really good position to have all my consumer debt paid off by about the end of March.  That would mean I have to continue to pay about $900 a month towards debt for Jan, Feb and March and I use any income tax refund to pay the remaining balance on my debts.  My refund for last year was $739 and I would imagine this year would be around the same. 

I want the debt gone!!!  I want the burden gone!  I think I'm up for the challenge.

7 comments:

  1. I totally understand and support you on this. We are on a super tight budget to and hoping to have everything paid off in April.

    Good luck I am cheering for you

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so close and the plan you've laid out in this post sounds do-able, You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an inspiration! You CAN do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have great faith in you!! I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, I can understand you wanting to stay with your plan, but don't make yourself sick. I changed mine because it was affecting ,y health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take the challenge and go for it. I can tell you want it gone really bad so take the challenge even if just for trying sake.

    I believe you can get it done. Being debt free by March will be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll get there, not long now:) Some of that stubbornness..errr...resistance has been the driving force behind your awesome debt repayment so you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.