I did it! I ran the 25km Run for the Toad Trail run! And it was a blast. A total of 66 hills from what I was told. Yep there were lots of them and one monster one! I always enjoy seeing photos on other blogs so here are a few for you.
It was a very chilly morning!
We have to climb that hill?! (it looks much worse in person!)
Kissing the toad.... he didn't turn into a prince...
On a financial note, I did not spend even half of the money I took (budgeted) with me. I really wanted a shirt from the race but couldn't find one I really liked and decided not to buy one! I found a pair of Toad running socks instead. I can honestly say after that experience, I know I have changed!!! The "other" me would have bought one just for the sake of buying it even if I really didn't like it. This "changed" me thinks things through before I spend the money most of the time now.
Last week was really busy for some reason. This week should be less crazy so I am hoping to catch up on everyone's blogs and give you a debt update, although the update won't be very exciting. I'm off to let my muscles recover before the big rucksack march this week!
Congrats Little Lamb on a great run! I don't think I could run to the corner lol! Well, I could, but not much further! My better half is out for his run right now and it's COLD!! I'll ride my bike in the basement where it's warm thank you very much!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the run. And good job not buying a shirt just to buy one!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. I think its wonderful, and maybe the frog just likes being kissed :) I am the same way I would have just bought a tshirt once upon a time even if I didn't like it, and you will probably enjoy the socks more.
ReplyDeleteJudy
So very awesome!!! You must be in great shape. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! On both things. It's fantastic that you didn't buy a shirt, but I am super impressed with your run. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I wish I had been there with you! Good job, cute toad!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and just like Niki said that is awesome on both accounts. Rest up because you've got another challenge coming up.
ReplyDeleteWell done on doing the run!!! thats quite an achievement!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations !!! OH MY WELL DONE!!! I can't even express how happy I am for you!!! WELL DONE!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. Congrat's on a job well done! 25 km, uphill... Yikes, I can't even run up a flight of stairs without needing oxygen!
ReplyDelete~ Makky's Mom
You are nothing short of AMAZING!!! congratulations!!!! :) Now put your feet & rest that body!!
ReplyDeleteAwww THANKS SO MUCH everyone! You guys really are the best!!!
ReplyDeleteIs now a good time to tell you I'm signing up for a 17.5km trail run in November? You can just call me a sucker for punishment! :)