Thursday, October 13, 2011

There's a hole in my budget, Dear Liza

My budget is leaking and the credit card is soaking it all up.  This needs to stop.  It just seems like I have been over in a few areas of my budget and there have been a few unexpected expenses.  It's eating up lots of money.  I will be making a fairly large payment on my credit card this pay but it will barely even make a dent in what was owing since I last updated my sidebar. 

However, it is what it is.  I can't go back and change anything.  I can just do better from here and try not to let it happen again.  I need to stay on top of this for about the next 6 months and I am aiming for the card to be paid off by about that time. 

I will say this, it's a hard pace to keep up.  It's kind of like I'm getting tired of the tight budget and aggressive debt repayment but at the same time my desire to be debt free and keep at it hasn't wavered.

So off I go to try to fix the hole in my budget... 

7 comments:

  1. Do you remember when I had paid off $19,000 worth of debt last May and then turned around and bought a car? It was like in the grand scale of things I had not made any progress. But I had. I desperately needed a new car and I paid off a truck in less than 2 years and I have knocked out a lot of high interest debt. You have also. Yes it is hard to stick to the plan, but just think of how great it will be to say you are debt free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post title made me chuckle:) But then the reality of what's happening with your budget is not so funny! Like Makky's Mom said it's those unexpected things that pop up pretty much every month that we have to watch out for and be prepared for. Now that I've gone through my budget for a year I have found MOST of those extra expenses but I still miss a few - I use my emergency fund if I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the "leaky budget" DH and I struggled with that for AGES (and in all honestly, we still are.. we're just sinking much more slowly now) I try to plan my budget with very conservative numbers, so that I have money left over for those 'extra' things that crop up. Some times it works, some times it doesn't.

    Best of luck, and happy healing (that blister looked painful!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *passes over a plug to help plug the leak!* ;)

    If you can do all you do physically in your job, you CAN SO DO THIS!!!! :) I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand the leaky budget and feeling tired of always budgeting. Our biggest downfall is eating out. We're actively trying to plug that problem which should help us in the long run. Have you identified what expense hurts you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the leaky budget. I know you'll get back on top this. I understand the frugal fatigue too. Do you have any incentives set up for yourself? Sometimes you need to be a little extravagant to continue kicking debt butt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the spirit. Keep on chugging. Sometimes we take get pushed back a little but keep facing forward and one step at a time. You will get there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.