Since about March I have dealing with migraines. At first it was pretty random but in the past few months it has become a weekly, if not more often, occurrence. Before this I had my share of headaches but never anything like this. I've been to the doctors, who are little to no help and are just sending me to see a specialist. Now I wait for an appointment that could be 6 months to one year away. I've already been waiting a month to even get a future date. I feel like I already know the cause of my migraines, tight traps and other back/neck muscles, but no one will listen to me. In a last ditch effort I have made an appointment with one final doctor. I have done my research and will present it to the doctor at my appointment and hope that she will at least hear me out. I think the solution is will be so simple once I get into the right hands. I am hoping to be able to go to a chiropractor who practices A.R.T (active release technique). I just want relief from these migraines (and neck and back pain)!!! (In order to be covered by insurance I need the doctors referral)
In other news, I have over spent this month and am so frustrated about it. The majority of it has been necessary but not planned for, therefore, not in the budget and I will have to tighten and cut everywhere possible for next pay day.
This weekend is my big 25km trail run. I think it will be a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to it. Next week is my Battle Fitness Test, A weight loaded 13km march (total of 24.5kg (54lbs) of weight carried on person). So these next two weeks will be very physically demanding and I am hoping my migraines aren't bad.
Well that's a little update about what has been going on in my life lately. I have been reading your blogs but not commenting as much as I would like. I am hoping that soon things will be back to normal around here.
LL, good luck with the migraines and getting the relief you need! The budget... ours was not too pretty this month! In just the last 2 days we've had $37 worth of parking fees for various doctor's appointments. THAT was not in the budget. I really must add a new category that solely covers parking fees! I hope your budget balances come next payday, and if it doesn't, just move forward knowing that next month will be better. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck with your fitness testing and your trail run. I'm certain that I would collapse in short order with 54 lbs of weight to carry... actually, that's pretty much the exact weight of my 6 yr old and I was carrying her home from the park this evening and managed about 100 metres before losing the stamina to continue with her in my arms! If you can do this test, which I'm sure you can, you will have my utmost respect!!! (Well, you already do... !)
~ Makky's Mom
Aww.. :( That's brutal! I'm sorry you're having so many migraines! That would ake for LONG days! I hope your dr. will listen & respect your suggestion.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your fitness testing, my middle daughter weighs a bit more than 54lbs, so I know how heavy that is! I'd go about 10 ft, then collapse! lol!
I am so sorry. I have only had two migraines in my life and I wanted to die both times. I hope you can find some answers.
ReplyDeleteAs an occasional migraine sufferer I know how awful they can be. I hope you find the solution soon. I hate it when the doctors won't listen to what I have to say so good luck with the next one! And have fun on your run this weekend - I'm hoping for good weather for you!
ReplyDeleteI know migraines suck. I am sorry to hear about that.
ReplyDeleteWow, I have never heard of a weight loaded march. Sounds very interesting. Good luck in both of your events.
Good Luck with everything! I hope you feel better In know that you'll do great in your races and the weight loaded march!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck with this last Dr. My mother suffers from Migranes, and they knock her out for days at a time. She actually gets botox injections in her head/heck to help relieve the pain. (NOT cosmetic!)
ReplyDeleteI wish you luck on your march. The training must be brutal, but I bet you're in awesome shape!!
Good to see you are still around and sorry to hear about the migraines. I know how those can be but I am impressed that you figured out what the problem was. I have had one to many doctors who don't like to listen so I know that can be a pain.
ReplyDeleteI hope this doc hears you out and I wish you great luck at both of your events. Amazing you are doing them both.