I've been thinking lately about why I want to be debt free. Of course there are lots of reasons and we probably all share many of the same. Things like: freedom from being a slave to the lender, I want to control my money and not have my money control me, I want to be able to make some dreams come true and I want to get rid of the stress. After listening to some of my Dave Ramsey cd's I realized that I am really excited about the ability to be able to give when I am debt free. It thrills me to think that I could anonymously give money and pay for something really needed for someone. Stopping to think about the reasons behind what is driving me to be debt free will help keep me going when the impatient part of me is whining.
I was able to boost by efund by an unexpected $70.00. It's growing.
What is your why? What excites you about becoming debt free?
The easy answer as to why I want to be debt free is that I want to be free of the stress of worrying about how I'm going to pay all the bills. I want to focus on things other than money. And part of that, like you, is that I would like to be able to give when an opportunity presents itself. I want money to be available, but not a constant concern. I'm dreaming of that day!
ReplyDeleteSarah
The nice thing is, Sarah, that we will get there. The journey might be long but we know it will be worth it. Keep dreaming and dream BIG!
ReplyDeleteI just want to be able to stop worrying about money, it is on my mind every single day, and night, worrying about how I will cope if something else goes wrong.
ReplyDeleteYes, FREEDOM!!!! I can't wait. You are certainly a great encouragement Makky's Mom. You did it! Now just for that mortage to go away.
ReplyDeleteAnd Louise, I hear you. It will be a nice day when the stress of "enough" is gone.
I want to be debt free so I can invest money into a house/condo/triplex. I want to owe no one but myself and feel good about taking a little bit out for myself. I will retire at 45 and being debt free is a major part of that!
ReplyDeleteI want to be a millionaire!
ReplyDeleteI am only kind of kidding, I want to be debt free so when we are older we can get up and go travel without worrying about how can we afford it with our debt.