God is good. I didn't think I would be able to add a cent to my emergency fund until next pay day. However, here is how the weekend turned out.
I went to coffee with a friend who is going to start an ING tfsa. I gave him my orange key so we can both get $25.00. Sweet!
Another really good friend of mine needed help installing her wireless router and she asked for help and I was happy to be able to. She said she would pay but I couldn't take payment, she's done so much for me. She said she would be able to write it off as a business expense and it wouldn't cost her anything. She paid me $40.00.
Another friend of mine was storing a few things in my basement and this weekend her and her bf came to pick them up. They gave me a $100.00 Walmart gift card! Wow, I didn't want anything, I was just helping a friend.
I am so thankful and appreciative for both of these gifts. Since I buy veg for my bunnies at Walmart and some groceries there I exchanged the cash in my jars for the gift card and will put the cash equivalent into my emergency fund. Since I have $28.00 in there from before, adding the 140.00 (plus $2) will mean there is now $170.00. And once my friend signs up for the tfsa that will add another $25.00.
I have put a few items on kijiji to try to sell them and have a sizable pile of yard sale items for next month. One of the items I put up for sale is a road bike I purchased last year. I don't want to sell it but I know it's for the better (if I am even able to sell it). It's a higher priced item and will make a big dent in the emergency fund. I am taking Dave Ramsey's advice and trying to get that emergency fund built very quickly.
A huge thanks to Sarah at Digging out of Debt, one spoonful at a time and Antie Eboo at My Life Journey for helping me with the blog roll and progress bars!!!
Keep on keeping on!
That's awesome! What a great kick-start for the emergency fund. I'm waiting on a medical bill reimbursement to get mine going again. It makes me nervous not having it there. Good luck selling your road bike!
ReplyDeleteSarah