Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finding ways to save money.

I was reading some PF blogs this morning, and saw a post by  Big City...Beer Budget.  She just purchased a new cell and got a pretty good deal on a plan. Well, a much better plan than the one I was on.  I was just looking at my budget last night and this morning wondering where else I can make cuts or savings.  So after reading the post I decided to call and see if I could get a better deal on my plan.  Well much to my surprise I not only got a much better plan (way more for my money and much the same plan as BC...BB) but I am also saving $20.00 a month!!!  THRILLED.  And the CSR was so nice (and I think so happy that I was so happy) he even gave me a credit on my account since I am a few days into my new billing cycle.  He said this would cover any cost that might show up from my previous plan! 

Moral of this story:  It never hurts to ask.  I think I might call some of my other providers and see if they can do anything for me cause it never hurts to ask!

***Update***  I just saved an additional $7.00 on my satellite bill!
***Update # 2*** Mini Fridge SOLD!!!  $75 for Efund!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the savings! That's pretty huge! I was able to cut my cell phone bill to nothing last year - as work pays for us to carry one for them, I simple assigned my account to a friend looking for one and poof gonzo!

    Keep at it and you'll find some more money to put into emergency funds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a great start to the day! You're right - it never hurts to ask.

    Way to go!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement! I just called and saved an additional $7 on my satellite and I was already getting a discount. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be amazed at the ways you can save once you really start looking for them. Put each of your expenses under a microscope and be ruthless. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Great savings! I called ROGERS last month asking for a discount on our services (phone, cell, cable, Internet) and on top of the 20% they already gave us on our cable they gave us more discounts to the tune of $40 more a month! Made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. It's amazing how much money can be saved when you call and ask. i had a friend tell me that he called Bell and ended up saving well over $100 a month on his bill! Incredible!

    I'm not sure where else I can squeeze without totally cutting things out. But I am putting stuff up for sale like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Makky's Mom. Your posts were a great encouragement to help me get going on my efund. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!!! I have to do the same thing with my cell bill is was part on of my new years resolutions and it hasn't been done yet!!! its inspiring to know that others have had success!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.