Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pay Day!

Well here's how the budget looks for the next two weeks:

God's Money$115.00
Student Loan #2$50.00
Student Loan #1$150.00
Gas Bill$71.00
Hydro$59.22
Cell Phone$93.15
Satellite$43.66
Internet/Home Phone$46.26
Animals$80.00
Gas for Car$50.00
Groceries$75.00
Entertainment$20.00
register for 1/2 marathon$40.00
Emergency Fund/Tires$160.00
Dog Vet$100.00

So there's the budget.  I zero balance my budget each time so it is what it is. I also went for a test for a job with the census today.  It was a pretty easy test and only 12 questions.  Now to wait and see if I get a job from it.  Its just a temporary part time job which would be perfect to put my efund.  The pay is 14.72/hr.

So do my budgets look reasonable?

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Makky's Mom. That is true. I rent and the money comes directly off of my pay (before I see it) so I never include it in my excel sheet. I pay $650.00 a month on my rent and another expense you won't see is a $250.00 payment/month on my misc loan because that also comes directly off of my pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm trying to get that efund at $2000.00 so I'm cutting everywhere I can. It's about being angry at the debt and sick and tired of it. :) It's good incentive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're doing great! I'm still working on our budget. It's hard to get started and make it zero out. Sure hope the job works out - keep us posted!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eyebrows raised a little when i saw your cell phone bill, but when I read further down your blog I see you have renegotiated that bill! Good for you! Yes, sometimes all you need to do is ask!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks S&J! I agree it was hard to start on the budget, especially when you really aren't sure what numbers to put. But after a few months it starts to work out. But make sure you keep track.

    Yes that is quite the cell bill eh, Jane?! The funny (or not so funny) thing is that I've been paying that for over a year. I have lots of options on it but only because all of my family is long distance and my home phone is just basic and only costs me $5.00/month. I'm happy that I got it down to $72 but that's still silly for a phone. The price of luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! When we first started doing a zero based budget it took a couple months to get a true grasp on it.

    I hope the Census calls. I worked there a few years ago. I had fun and it was good money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job! Zero budget is the way to go, and it's good to see God's money at the top of the list! Blessings....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.