Yes, tomorrow is pay day! This one isn't as exciting for debt repayment because most of that happens in the middle of each month. This time I make the minimum payment on my smallest balance credit card ($30 - such a tiny little sliver on the status bar) and a car payment ($363). Well, actually now come to think of it the $250.00 payment for my misc loan technically is taken off my pay for next month as well so I'll include that too. A little more exciting than I thought. :)
On top of those two items my jars look like this:
God's Money $130
Gas for Car $30 (already used $20)
Groceries $60 (it's low from overspending last pay)
Animals $165 (it's high to pay back from overspending last pay)
Entertainment $15
Savings looks like this:
Emergency Fund $200 (This brings the total to $750!!!)
Dog Vet $100 (for an upcoming annual. This brings the total saved to $200 and I think it is enough)
I'm going to have to really watch my spending for the next 2 weeks. It will be tight but doable. After reading a blog post (Thanks to Niki now I know the post was a guest post on Budgets are Sexy) about a young pregnant lady living on $20.00 a month for groceries, I am not doing too bad at all with $60 for 2 weeks. I had to re-boost the animal fund after borrowing from it. But I need dog food ($74), bunny litter (which is wood stove pellets) to last over the summer since they don't stock these in the summer (I'm thinking about $30).
I'm still trying to come up with some ideas to boost my efund and get it to $2000 as quickly as possible. I am waiting on better weather to have my yard sale. Any suggestions for me?
In other news:
I had a test and an interview for the job with the census but haven't heard anything further. Someone mentioned that maybe they are waiting until after the election to go ahead with that. I know they called my boss for a reference as well.
One thing I'm finding a little hard is that I have the money to pay off my student loan ($300.00) and it would be gone but I can't do it. It's my emergency fund money and I can't touch it. It just bugs me to know that it could be gone today if I did it. But I won't. Just had to get that off my chest.
Thanks for stopping by!
Little Lamb
You are doing such a great job with your EF!! Have you done any of the click/survey sites? I make a few dollars here and there and you can either cash out with gift cards or PayPal. And I totally get wanting to pay off that SL. It will be gone soon enough - just remember that if you went into your EF for the money, the minute after you sent it off you'd have a real emergency and no way to pay for it! Keep working it - you're on your way!
ReplyDeleteSarah
@ Makky's Mom and Sarah,
ReplyDeleteIt does feel wonderful to have that efund! And yes in two more months that student loan will be gone for good! Just need to be patient. The efund is much more important!
I thought about the survey sites but don't know much. I guess its something to look into. Every few dollars is helpful.
Thank you both for your encouragement!
I worked for the Census last year, it is a good sign that thy called a previous employer. They just take a really long time to get going. I went through four phases they were all drawn out.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say that the $20 for food woman was a guest post on Budgets Are Sexy. It was a pretty amazing story.
Congrats on killin' some debt and building up more emergency fund. You are rockin' it.
Thanks Niki! I couldn't remember at all where I read that post!
ReplyDeleteI hope they call because the extra money will go right to the efund and/or debt repayment.
Just found your blog through your comment over at ND Chic's Cents. I've read everything you posted since the beginning and I think you have been doing a great job. Just letting you know I will be along for the ride.
ReplyDelete@ Rafiki. Thanks for stopping over to check out my blog and your support!
ReplyDelete