I planned to take my car to the garage today to have the summer tires installed. I got up early on my day off and got on the road. The garage is in another town and a bit of a drive. I should also mention that since gas prices are what they are and payday is this Friday my tank is very low (again). I knew I had enough gas to get there and home and probably do me until Friday. I had preordered a rim because I damaged my old one just when winter started. When I got there the rim hadn't been delivered. So I went over to the shop I ordered it from to get it. Well they had no idea where it was. Long story short the rim wasn't there and they had to order another. Won't be in until tomorrow. Ugh! I left my rims and tires at the garage so they can get them done and then when I go back out it will be a quick change for the winter/summer tires. I'm frustrated though because I either have to come up with gas money early or wait until after payday to go back out and the shop that messed up the order didn't give me a deal or anything. Lesson learned from this: I really need to reconsider my gas budget because I have been running on fumes just before payday the past few times. *end rant about tires.
I sold another item I had up for sale and made $130.00. That boosted my efund to $540.00.
On another note I have totally blown my budget for this pay period. I'm over by $45.00 so far and like I mentioned, payday isn't until Friday. I'm not overly concerned because I have tweaked the numbers for next pay and have made up all but $10.00 of it. I am still frustrated that I have gone over by so much though. But the debit card and credit card have remained untouched and for that I am thankful.
It's not an easy road and it's one that is less traveled but I'm staying on it. I have a wonderful family, great friends and an awesome PF blogging community to support me on my journey. Thanks to all of you!
Oh, Little Lamb, I can so relate to this. There's really no winning with the current gas prices. I'm sorry about your wasted trip, but congratulations on the sale that boosted your emergency fund! You're doing great there! This road is not much fun, but at least we're on it together :)
ReplyDeleteSarah
Sorry about changing up on you guys so unexpectedly. I was a bit excited when I first started the blog and gave the web address to some people I really would prefer didn't have it now. So I decided to change the address and title. Now I just have to figure out how to let everyone know what I did and who I am again.
ReplyDeleteHaving that Efund to $540 already is great. You're doing a good job!
ReplyDeleteThe things about budgets is, you can rarely set it and forget it. Expenses change, incomes change, and priorities change. Tweaking your budget every couple of months is part of the process. You get used to it, and you get better at it with time.
Thanks everyone. I am so happy I have such wonderful PF friends to help me along on my journey.
ReplyDelete