I know most of us know the importance of an emergency fund but I am truly thankful that I had that in place. It made an extremely difficult time a little less stressful. Because my heart hurts too much I don't want to go into any details. My emergency fund is now a bit less than it was but I am still comfortable with the amount in there and I am not planning on topping it back up until after the consumer debt is gone. Once I am done paying those payments I will top it back up. This most likely means that any income tax refund I get will now be used to finish paying any debt and then the remainder will be put into the EF.
In an attempt to keep my mind busy I started working on my after consumer debt budget and wanted to put it out to you all for critique and thoughts. Please let me know what you think.
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| I have increased
my gas, grocery, and entertainment budgets. I also added in an
addition $525.00 payment on my car loan and $300.00 to be put into
savings. With the extra car payments I figure it will be paid out in December 2012. The savings will be for extra things that come up in the year. **Rent comes off of my pay so I didn't budget it in or account for it in my income. I pay $650.00 a month for this. Kim - I tried to find your email address but I can't. Can you email me at canadianbunny at gmail dot com |
Hugs. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope you are able to treat yourself to something fun & special this weekend - a hot bath, a special coffee, a walk with friends.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss. Pets really are family, and it's important to take the time to grieve.
ReplyDeleteOn a happier note, I got really excited to finally see someones budget that doesn't included debt payments. I kind of fantasize about that for myself sometimes.. :)
Keep working toward it! You'll get there!
I just read that you lost your sweet little bunny.. I'm so sorry. :( You will be in my prayers... ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you have a little bit more wiggle room in your budget & were able to up a few categories! :) You're an inspiration!
losing pets is really hard, they are such a special part of our families, sending you hugs from downunder
ReplyDeleteI've given you a blog award, stop by my blog to pick it up :)
Your budget looks good - a good balance between needs and wants. That extra car payment will really help get rid of that loan FAST and then you'll have almost $900 to use elsewhere. I always put the most I can towards debt!
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to get over the death of a pet. Just take it easy. twintalk2@yahoo.com
ReplyDelete