Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Getting Ready for the New Year


Only a few more days and we close out 2011.  It seems (for the most part) it just flew by.



I'll be starting the New Year by earning a little extra to put towards my debt repayment since I found a babysitting job for NYE.  Not my ideal way to spend the night but every little bit helps.  After payday (31 Dec) my debt totals entering the new year should look like this:

LOC - $1910 (less whatever I make babysitting)
SISIP - $1000

Leaving me just under $3000 to pay off in three months to reach my goal.


I received some wonderful gifts for Christmas which included cash, a stocking full of great stuff, gift cards to 2 of my favourite splurge locations (Starbucks and Subway), a piggy bank (maybe I talk about my finances too much, lol), and lots of other goodies.  Oh and lots of chocolate!

 A very dear friend gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday.  I'm thrilled for her.  She called me in the morning to let me know there was no baby yet but that she was having contractions.  I returned her call about an hour later as she was preparing to leave for the hospital.  About 4 hours and no drugs later she and her husband welcomed Spencer to their family.  He's beautiful.  I was able to be their for the entire birth of their first son, Stuart, a little less than 2 years ago.  That was the most amazing experience of my life.  They have since moved and I wasn't able to be there this time. 


I'm working on my 12 in 2012 list and will post that this week.  

9 comments:

  1. Michael and I have a tradition of creating a collage each New Year's to reflect our goals and include inspirational thoughts etc. This year we'll be making them in a yurt in the middle of a forest! Should be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have enjoyed reading your blog through 2011, and am looking forward to continuing in 2012. Good luck with your goals, and sounds as though you received some lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jane - Sounds like fun! Both the goal collage and hanging out in a yurt!

    @ Joanne - Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your blog this year and 2012 is going to be the year we all kick ass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy said it perfectly.

    2012 is IT.

    Happy holidays Little Lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will not regret this. Putting aside and emergency fund is one of the best things I ever did. It absolutely changes your life. You will get to the point eventually where your emergency fund not only helps you but others in your family as well. I did not start until I was much older than you so congratulations on the head start!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! I am looking forward to the goals!

    have fun with your christmas cash & splurge cards ;) I got some too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a new baby to bring joy to everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing a great job at chipping down your debt! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.