Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wedding gift help needed!

Hi PF Blogger Friends!

I really need some help to come up with a thoughtful gift for a good friend of mine and her new husband.  They were married yesterday in a destination wedding in Fiji!!!  They said their vows in a private setting at a lovely resort.  They will be flying in to Toronto to have a celebration dinner with some of the brides family (and me) shortly after they return to their home in Chicago.  

The brides flowers... so beautiful!  

Now the tricky part for me, the gift.  They have been living together for a bit now and don't need any of the "typical" wedding gifts.  They are only here on a short trip so don't have room for much, I assume.  She has been a long time (back to junior high school) friend of mine.  Also since they live in the States if I were to give a gift card I'm not sure it would even be usable across the boarder?  I don't really know much about their hobbies except that she really enjoys photography and they love to travel.  They are animal lovers and often foster for local shelters.

Can you help me figure out a great gift?  Or throw out some ideas?  I'm totally stumped!

THANKS!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love Shutterfly! It's a great website that helps you create personalized gifts. You could start with a simple card that has a photo of them on the front and go from there. They have these great photo books too (if you were able to get your hands on enough pictures of them to put in there). I got one for my wedding and I loved it. Another thing I'm thinking about is a print on canvas. I think they run about $35ish and you can use one of their wedding photos for it. It would make a nice lasting memory for them. Just some thoughts. Good luck and let us know what you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a donation in their name to the animal shelter where they live. If they don't need anything this would be thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I was thinking if you know an animal shelter or group they patron than donate to it.
    On a side note... how weird is it that i might one day bump into you in the big city (TO) and not even know it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hard to go wrong with Victoria's Secret - I got this for my friend(and her hubby of course LOL!) something sexy yet feminine -s he loved it and turned out she had the same thing only in another color so I knew then the style was perfect(didnt know before I bought it or I'd have gotten something else) had them wrap it nicely.
    I also 2nd the donation to the shelter idea but it's $.
    I'm not creative enough to design stuff but that ohter idea sounds good if you have access to pictures.

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travel diary?
    Goats (sounds funny I know but check out Canadian Aid for Southern Sudan and gives goats to a family in your friend's name)
    Thank you cards (stamped/addressed etc) (a friend's daughter recently received these at her wedding and LOVED them!)
    A "Day Out" Gift package/ train tickets
    Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the great ideas!!! At this point I am really leaning towards the photo book. I think its a great idea and something that they would have to remember it all when they are celebrating their 50th anniversary. I do also like the idea of dontating to the shelter as well. Actually they are all wonderful ideas and I appreciate your input!

    @Sarah - I think it would be really neat if all the GTA/Southern Ontario PF bloggers could get together for lunch some day. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makky's mom, I love that idea of the cards!!! Thanks!

    Hope we can plan a get together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know where they are going on their next travel adventure? Maybe you can get them something to do when they go?

    My fiance and I are going on a cruise that stops in Catalina one day and we'd love it if someone paid for us to go para-sailing. (about $150)... Maybe you can figure out something like that for them?

    I do like the idea of a travel book, and the stationary (with her new last name on it) too

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.