Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This is hard work!


I knew this wasn't going to be easy when I started.  I'm certainly not giving up, I want this too bad!  But some days are just tough!

Today is another pay day.  I was able to put another chunk towards my efund which is currently just above $1800.  Almost to my goal!  But this doesn't come easily and some other line items in the budget are squeezed to the max.  I honestly don't really budget enough for some things but I feel I can "make it work" for now.  I know its not a long term thing and I just have to keep reminding myself of this.  By not long term I am thinking until mid-July and I should be able to add more to groceries and fun/entertainment and hopefully gas as well.  

My goal will be to put an extra $400 a month towards debt and at this point I have tweeked the budget to allow me to put an extra $100 towards the animals.  This will hopefully mean that when I need to pick up those items that I don't buy all the time I will have the money in the account for it.  

I added a new tab called "Blessings".  I feel like I am just being blessed all the time and I would like to share those blessings and be able to keep track.  I got my cell bill the other day and when I opened it I was shocked!  It was $50 less than it should have been.  For some reason there is a one time credit on my account!  Yay!  I took the extra and added it to my efund.  

So the ticker is almost there for my efund.  Those other status bars are moving, albeit, very slowly.  But they are moving in the right direction and that's what counts.  This is hard work but I know it will be worth it!

11 comments:

  1. I know that its very hard but you are moving in the right direction. Every little bit helps. Rome wasn't built in a day. Slowly moving is still moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are grateful and see the blessings in your life. This is so important when you are trying to get out of debt. Because it is hard to do and you squeeze your self down and start to feel miserly and this rings out and unappreciative attitude toward the world. So counting your blessings will help! You are a good example to me. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is, but you're making such good progress! It's great that you can focus on the 'blessings' because this will keep your motivation going.

    Go Little Lamb! Debt freedom awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a long hard road.... but you are going to get there :)

    You are definitely on the right track. I think your budget tweeks are also good choices.

    Lastly that blessings tab is a superb idea. It's so easy to forget your blessings in the midst of everything else. I will have to implement something like this on my own blog at some point.

    Congrats so far on your progress. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great testimony to count your blessings even when the going is tough!! Life is so much more fulfilling when we appreciate the positive instead of focusing on the negative. Way to go!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staying positive and choosing to spend my engery thinking about the good things doesn't really come naturally (I wonder if it does to many?). It will though!!! It is what I will it.

    Thanks to you all! You guys help me keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're moving along just fine. Some days might feel tighter then the others but as long as you can make it work it'll be well worth at the end. Keep up the awesome pace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome on your emergency savings!! It's a nice little piece of mind isn't it?! I love that you count your blessings,.. I always do too, but never thought to post about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our EFs are about the same! Mine is at $1851 and next month it'll finally hit $2,000! Yippee!! And to think, less than a year ago I'd never had an EF before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is def a tough road, but you are doing an amazing job! keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a nice efund will help take the pressure off so much. And that's a HUGE goal to achieve. That's money you've set aside for yourself and haven't touched in case something were to happen. That takes more discipline than just making a debt payment, IMO. You're going to get there. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I read other people's PF blogs and feel a renewed sense of motivation toward my goals. I want to see zero's everywhere I OWE so badly, but it takes work. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.