"Remember the chain links we all made as kids in school. This week, make a paper chain link where each link is worth $100 of your consumer debt. So if you owe $23,600, your chain would have 236 links. Hang your chain somewhere you’ll see it a lot: over your bed, in the kitchen, beside the TV. Each time you pay off $100 of your debt, cut off one of your links. This is a great way to remind yourself of the progress you’re making in becoming debt-free forever."
She has encouraged others to join in on the fun so I decided I would. I made 89 links and here's how my living room is now decorated.
I'm really looking forward to cutting links off and getting rid of my new "decoration".
Do you have any motivational ideas that work for you?
Nice!
ReplyDeleteLove that you have a place to hang your chain so you can really see the progress! Mine would stretch from room to room - I think I'll have to wait til it's a little more manageable :)
ReplyDeleteSarah
Superb idea. You can also use this for savings goals.
ReplyDeleteI am so making these chains tomorrow! What a great idea
ReplyDeleteJudy
Awesome! You'll have to let me know how you make out with it.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a brilliant idea!!! I'd be tempted to put this in my new abode but it would look kind of tacky - maybe that's an even better reason to do it! :P
ReplyDeleteI'll have to make mine minus the mortgage, it will be too overwhelming otherwise! :s
ReplyDelete