Thursday, May 5, 2011

Selling Stuff!

I posted my yard sale on kijiji this afternoon and about 5 minutes later I received an email about it.  It was from a lady asking if she could stop by before because she wasn't going to be around on Saturday.  I guess she was interested in some of the items I had mentioned in the ad.  She stopped by and picked up a few things and I ended up with $30.00.  Yay!  :)

Also a friend of mine has a bunch of stuff in her basement that she is wanting to get rid of.  She and her husband have been planning on packing it up and dropping it off for donations but hadn't gotten around to it yet.  She knows about my get debt free plan and I had casually mentioned I was having a yard sale.  Well she offered me the items in her basement to sell.  Very cool!  She said as long as I do all the work, whatever money it brings is mine.  I am totally taking her up on the offer.  We have a big community yard sale coming up in a few weeks so I will have another yard sale that day with her items.  I am hoping to bring in at least $200.00 from the yard sales.

Are you doing (or have you done) anything to bring in some extra money for your debt pay off or emergency fund?

What excitement do you have planned for the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck.

    I work overtime but not entirely by choice. Other than that nope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I have a ton of baby stuff and I can't keep all of it. I need to have a garage sale. I've never done it before. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do well, I have never done well at a yard sale. But I need to have one. Maybe in June when my daughter moves out of her apartment. I just work harder in the shop. That helps. I squirrel away money and pay for things then I take all of our income from actual earnings (paychecks) and put it all on debt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could have a yard sale here but we live in a condo complex and they don't really do that. We've posted a few of our items recently on Craigslist and we've made some cash that we used to move to a smaller, cheaper place. I'm looking forward to putting more items on there and using the money for debt repayment. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.