HELLO FRIENDS!!!
I'm so happy that Spring is here. The trees are starting to bud, the flowers are breaking through the ground, the birds are singing such beautiful, happy songs. It's wonderful! God has given such blessings!
I missed my blog-iversary! (March 9th) It's been quite the year! I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you whole have been part of my journey for the past year. I couldn't have made it this far with out all of you! I really mean that. From your encouragement, helpful ideas and sharing your journey on your blogs. It is said often but it's so true, this is such a great community!
Sorry I have been a little MIA lately. It's been quite busy around my neck of the woods. I have a friend staying with me now. She just moved back from out of province and is looking for a job and a place to live. I am happy to be able to help her and having only the car loan to pay now makes that much easier to do. :)
I will be getting a promotion this year and will be starting a new job. I've know this for a little while but was much to focused on the debt pay down to break the news here. I'm excited but also very nervous. The promotion does come with a pay increase which will be nice. Although rent has also increased so that will eat a portion of it.
Currently with my finances I am working on rebuilding my EF to $2000.00 and enjoying a little more freedom with my numbers. I promise I have not gone crazy but I did spend $35.00 at Winners the other day. I bought a new running tank top ($10), new tweezers (finally!) ($6), hair product because I am so tired of my frizzy hair! ($10), a small gift for a friend and a chocolate bar ($9). This was the first time in so long that I went in a store and purchased wants like that! It felt wrong and I did feel guilty. I haven't even taken the tags off of the shirt yet! I am looking forward to hitting a thrift store in the next week though. My wardrobe is looking pretty sad.
If you haven't completed your Debt Free Dash challenge you still have 11 days!!!

I can't believe a year has passed already. Time really does fly. My blog-iversary just passed on the 13th. I can't believe I didn't even pick up on that.
ReplyDelete2012 really is turning out to be an awesome year. So much to be happy about. Congratulations on your coming promotion.
I don't think you should feel guilty about those wants you purchased, like you said, you haven't gone crazy lol so take it easy.
I'm going to run my 5k this weekend. I don't want to fail at this goal.
Good to hear from you. My blog-iversary is coming up April 4th I think. I feel the same way you do, just so grateful for the support. I am closing in on the last credit card. I will still have one other big loan before I can concentrate on my car but the freedom from worry that paying off debt brings cannot be described. When you get used to not spending it is hard not to feel guilty when you purchase things that are not necessities.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back! Happy Blog-iversary :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your little blogo-anniversary!! That's was a great year for you with an awesome accomplishment to finish it off. And promotion is nice too!I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog-iversary! Mine was March 7 and I was late noticing, too :) I like that you're getting to enjoy the fruits of all your hard work. That you are so aware of every purchase and feel a little tug with every one proves you're determined never to return to where you were. Good for you!! And congrats on the promotion! Good things are happening for you :)
ReplyDeleteSarah
Funny - I forgot my blogiversary too - I started mine on March 18th three years ago. Oh well. I think I told you I completed my 25km bike ride for your challenge...didn't I? Over the past week I've been riding outside instead of in my basement - LOVING the weather!Congrats on your PROMOTION!! Very proud of you!
ReplyDeleteDamn tweezers! I am constantly loosing those damn things.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the promotion!!!!
Happy Blogoversary! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the promotion - thats wonderful!! and well done with the blogoversary - that year has gone really quickly.
ReplyDeleteI'm preparing for my debt free dash :)
happy blog - o - versary!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!!! Take the tags off that shirt and wear it, you have worked hard for some extra's ENJOY!!!!
ReplyDeleteOk now girl.. don't make me come over there with my scissors and cut the tags off myself!!!! lol!! Cut the tags OFF the shirt and enjoy it!! :) No guilt!!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on my anniversary! Sorry for the late reply. Also I agree with Carla cut the tags. Remember those shoes last November that I bought, I realy liked them but had buyers gilt. I am so glad that I have them!
ReplyDelete