Here goes... my very first attempt at a blog. I've been reading a few personal finance blogs regularly for a few years but never thought I would have my own. After reading many more personal finances journeys and having a determination to become debt free and attain financial freedom I decided I liked the idea. I like the idea of the accountability of actual putting my numbers out there. I also think the PF community out there is a great resource.
Here is a bit of my story... I'm in my early 30's and have pretty much been a financial mess for years. I have never saved money. As soon as I got my first pay when I started working at 13 until recent years I spent what I had almost immediately. I got my first credit card when I was about 18 and have had debt since then. Like most I thought it was normal. I'm so happy to be learning a new normal!
I have been trying to pay off my debt for a few years now. I do well and then fall off the wagon, time and time again. In that time I have paid off 2 student loans, my credit card a few times and other miscellaneous loans. I really have no idea the amount. I had a very poor tracking system and at times didn't even want to face the numbers so refused to put them in print. I currently have 2 more student loans to pay off, a credit card, a misc loan and a car loan. The task feels daunting but at the same time I am determined to make being debt free a reality!
My numbers:
Student loan #1 - $1685.00
Student loan #2 - $1220.00
Credit Card - $3745.00
Misc Loan - $3500.00
Car Loan - $12 000.00 (rough estimate at time of posting)
Total Debt - $ 22 150.00
So there it is. UGH!!! Join me on my journey? Help me along? I can use all the support I can get!!!
Thanks for reading!!!
Little Lamb
PS - please forgive my "work in progress" blog. I'm a total newbie and don't know anything about all of this!
Good for you! It's nice to see people realizing they have or had a problem with finances and overspending and are taking steps to deal with the problem and get out of debt. I think it just may be a lifestyle being smart with our money and once the lesson is learned from our past bad habits we will be much happier and better off financially as well as we will have so much money in our pockets where it belongs :) You're not in this alone.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading s.trucking. :) I agree. Lesson learned for me for sure! Just took a long time.
ReplyDeleteThanks Makky's Mom!
ReplyDelete