Monday, May 7, 2012

My Money, My Stress

Well I think it's time I fess up to what's been going on in my life. 

I've finished paying my consumer debt 2 months ago and have been spending like crazy pretty much since then!  HELP ME, PLEASE!!!  Oh my word people, I think an alien has taken over my body.  Ok not serious about that alien part but the rest is true. 

I've been sharing my living accommodations for the past 2 months (helping out friends and company) and it's stressing me out!!!  This has hurt me some in finances.  I've been paying all the bills and paying for quite a few extras that I can not afford at all.  I've been stressed and at some points resorted to spending to help me feel better or get me out of the house (bad, bad Little Lamb).  In addition to this I've been nursing injuries and haven't been able to run, which is my MAJOR stress reliever!!!  I've also been paying out extra money trying to get the proper care and items to help me heal so I can get back to running.  And I went home for a visit and spent more than I planned.  And I just bought a new road bike!

Ok there.  That's my confession!  On top of all this I have to take Bella to the vet for her yearly check-up and shots and I forgot to budget for that.

I think I need to go throw up cause this is stressing me out!  

See, I didn't change......  I'm going back down that same old road.......

21 comments:

  1. You turned yourself around, you can do it again! Is there anyway you can get rid of the extras you're paying for? I'm sure whoever your living with would understand if you explained it.

    Sorry to hear about the injury - that's no fun and not helping anything 'eh? My advice for that is just take it one day at a time, don't worry about getting back to running right now, try looking forward to going for a walk instead. Small steps will eventually get you back to running.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CG. My guest have finally all left (just today). Things that way can go back to normal. And I am so thankful to get to sleep in my own bed again! Living on my own for so long makes it harder to adjust well to having my space invaded. LOL

      Thankfully I can still enjoying walking, swimming, biking and a few other activities. I am trying very much to be patient with the healing process. Trying being the key word. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my sweetness, this is so common when we get out of debt. We relapse and constant company will cause you to over spend. Hang in there, I will come and beat you if you touch that credit card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you are so right. I was worried about this but thought I had it under control and honestly I might have had the extra stresses and guests not been there. Oh well, it is what it is and I just move forward from here. You better book your plan ticket because the credit card has already been pulled out. I'll sit down with my numbers soon and let you know the damage. UGH!!! Dreading that!

      Delete
  3. I sometimes have the same problem! If I have to stay on a budget to accomplish something I can do it but when I have extra $$ I get sloppy and spend like crazy!! I trick myself back to reality by remembering if this was our last paycheck what would I do with the $$. it works for awhile!! Hope you house guests will be packing their bags soon, that can be VERY stressful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the last of the guest left today. My brother and SIL are in town for a visit but they will just be popping by and I am very excited to see them! I will have to figure out a way to trick myself into smartening up!

      Delete
  4. You realized it and can change it. It is easy to backslide. Pick yourself up, and keep going.

    I hope you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mysti. Backsliding is so easy. But I need to remember how hard that hill was to climb and I don't want to be climbing it again!

      Delete
  5. I think this happens to a lot of people. It's why people who get that lapband surgery sometimes gain the weight back, because even though you fix the problem initially, you revert back to your old ways.

    I know we just paid off our credit card debt like two months ago and we've been spending a LOT this past month. granted, my husband had an injury that left him unable to work (read: no paycheck!) for a whole month. So we should have been living on less, but instead we just keep spending. I know we will catch up soon since he is back at work and hopefully we will get a paycheck at tyhe end of the month. However, now that we gave ourselves a little leeway to go crazy, we have to nip it in the bud again. It's about finding a banalance that allows you to maybe spend a little more, but still meet your goals.
    It's okay! Deep breaths, and start again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I am determined that this time will be different! Not walking that same path again! It was was hard enough that I need to have learned my lesson.

      I am all about finding that balance now after going crazy too. I am so thankful I have you guys to help me struggle through.

      Delete
  6. MM, oh no! Three kids sick! I guess Big M was too kind and shared those germs. I hope they all feel better very soon and that you and MD stay germ free!

    Thanks for your kind words. You are a great cheerleader, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog, btw! (I only just found it and have been reading through a bunch of your articles).

    I think we all tend to relapse, whatever we are trying to give up... but you are admitting it to your readers so that's a start! I think right now you need to re-evaluate why you want to start saving again. You've now paid off your debt... so your situation has changed. Find something you are passionate for and you'll pick yourself up again soon :) Good luck!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  8. You surely did NOT fail! You're been overspending, you slipped up, you realized it, now it's time to sit down, plan out a budget & stick to it! ;) You can do this, keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, now that all the guest are gone, you can finally relax and pick yourself up again! I know you can do it. And I really hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. no you are not headed back down the same path, it's just a hiccough! Maybe decide on a set amount for savings and keep that committment first each payday, just pretend it's another bill. The work out your budget for the rest. I think you are entitled to a reward, like the new bike, for all that hard work paying off the debt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exercise! It's insurance for your health and a heck of a lot cheaper than buying crap to relieve your stress. AND, it leads to feeling a whole lot better all around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will not go back down the same old road. I believe in you and I know how awesome you are.

    You just have to get things back under control. Nothing seriously detrimental has happened as yet, you really just need to get things in order, especially those stress inducing situations.

    My first piece of advice would be to get your budget under control. After that, deal with your home situation. Sit down and talk to your new roommates and figure out what is best.

    I totally believe in you little lamb. Look forward and up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, take a deeeeeep breath LL! You do really need to get back running don't you? The loss of that physical outlet is really taking its toll. Can you bike instead of run right now? That's what I do since I hurt my knees running years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late reading this and am hoping you had a much better week! I think the fact that you know you've slipped up and you're wanting to stop the backsliding is HUGE! It means you HAVE changed! You can do this. Don't give up! We're all here for you :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey little lamb, just stopping by to say hi and hope all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't heard from Little Lamb in ages - hope everything is okay and your financial affairs are in order. I slipped after getting out of debt but if you stick to your goal you'll be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.