Today started out that any other day after a long weekend. Get up, get ready and head out to work. I was leaving a few minutes early because I was excited to stop at Timmies (I know bad PF Blogger!). I pressed the unlock button on my key fob and nothing. No beep to tell me the car unlocked. Weird. But I know the batteries in the key fob have been needing to be replaced for quite sometime now. They are expensive so I have been putting it off. Ok, mental note to self, budget for batteries. Unlock the door manually, get in and start car.... nothing! No click, no dash lights, nothing. Oh no, how did I drain the battery?! I went out to put the car windows up last night, maybe I left a light on? I'm 95% sure I didn't.
OK, troubleshoot. Call a guy I work with to see if he can come jump my car. Yep, he's on his way. Yay! Or not, car still won't start! Could be your starter... maybe it's your alternator... or it might be.... UGH!!! Ok, off to work, I'll have to deal with this later. I called a friend who was kind enough to stop by at lunch time with a battery booster pack and my car started right away!!! Oh, thank you so much, Lord! I spent the morning trying not to stress but it was still there. I am happy to say my car has started numerous other times since the lunch time jump start. I must have drained the battery but I still don't know quite how. It's a new battery that I just purchased in January. I am just thankful it was anything more serious and that it was resolved so quickly.
I think I will be saving and watching for a good sale on a battery booster pack!!!
Another thing I am thankful for is a monetary gift that I will be applying to my student loan. I am trying have this debt knocked off by mid September!
Lots to be thankful for, those are just two from my day.
I can't usually resist timmies either... We're Canadian, it's in our blood! ;) lol!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it was just your battery & nothing BIG! Phew!!
What a good thing that it was only the battery!
ReplyDeletethat goodness it wasn't anything major! great job with going to use a monetary gift for your loan!
ReplyDeleteI am glad it is working without a major expense.
ReplyDeleteWay to go paying off that loan.
Batteries are cheap! Thanks goodness! What is Timmies?
ReplyDeleteoh, what a sigh of relief for that battery!
ReplyDelete+yay for Money-gifts! When we come across a bit of extra cash, I can never decide what to do with it, but until I started reading/blogging, it never occurred to me to throw it at debt. It feels so good to see the numbers go down!
I'm glad you resolved the problem without having to dig into your checkbook. You are lucky to have such good friends.
ReplyDelete@ Out My Window - Timmies is actually Tim Hortons which is a very popular coffee shop in Canada. In fact they are even spreading to your side of the country near the boarders. They even shipped a portable store to Afghanistan for the troops. I actually don't drink coffee (yuck!) but rather indulge in other sugar filled crap drinks! I need to quit it.
ReplyDeleteGood to know it turned out ok. I've been wondering if I should save and purchase one of those battery packs as well.
ReplyDeletecars seem to always need money spent on them, glad it wasn't a huge expense!
ReplyDelete