Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Checking In

Well not too much going on for me on the financial side of things.  My brother wasn't impressed that I gave him extra money when he opened the card I gave him.  He said he didn't want anything for the work he did but I am happy that I gave it too him.  I paid the majority of the car repair expenses I put on my credit card off and will pay the remainder of them with the end of month pay.

I have my budget worked out so that I should be able to pay off the student loan at the end of September.  This only puts me 1/2 month behind what I was planning on and still within my original goal time-frame.  And in the big picture puts me ahead of my long term planning.  Since the work my brother did for me was going to cost WAY more at the dealer, I no longer have to budget for this specific expense. 

I am looking forward to having some family come visit from back home in a few weeks.  I have budgeted a bit extra for this which will cut a little from my debt repayment but not too much.  It will also be a welcome break from work.  I have taken a few long weekends but nothing more then a couple of days at a time.

I also received news that I am one of the Canadians that have been chosen to be a medal-bearer in the Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Relay.  I am very excited about this and really looking forward to it. 


I have been reading all of your blogs and if I haven't commented please accept my apologies.  I am having trouble commenting from one of the computer's I used and have been quite busy in spare time lately. 

9 comments:

  1. My brother is the same way, in fact I have often given him money for something he did for me only to find the money in my purse or jacket later.

    Sounds like your having a great week

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Brother. Mine are both gross users, in fact we hide our purses when we go to our Mother's. Yes they both live at home one is 49 and the other is 43, we did finally get the 43 year one out when we threatened to get a lawyer. Congrats on the selection. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome brother! :) you are very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really nice of him! congrats on the selection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! And congrats on your loan, I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being chosen a medal bearer for the Rick Hanser Relay! That is quite an honour!!

    Also, I wanted to tell you you are doing a fantastic job with your finances. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boys stink!

    Congrats on being chosen. That's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, congrats on being chse for being medal bearer! Quite the honor!! :) Well deserved! Hope you have a great time with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was your brother I would be the same way and I know you as a sis would not want to charge your bro for any work you do for him so I can understand.

    I'm happy to see things are going well and impressed at how flexible you are being with your debt plans yet still in control.

    Congrats on being a medal bearer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.